How beneficial is Chamomile tea?
“Good food, Good life.” Well, the copywriter of this one is indeed right, for making life enjoyable, one has to eat and drink well. Chamomile tea is one of best-suggested tea for health benefits.
It is prepared from dried flowers and is very well known for its effect in boosting immunity and eliminating the stress.
It is one of the popular varieties of tea in the market which has useful components which are instrumental in treating a wide range of health issues.
Some of the benefits of Chamomile tea are-
It treats Stomach Cramps
- Chamomile tea is a very active beverage for eliminating the menstrual or stomach- related cramps.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties which are used for achieving the same.
- Those painful cramps can be avoided easily with the intake of this tea, which is capable of relaxing the muscles of the uterus thus providing relief from the pain.
- It helps to reduce the intensity of muscle spasms by increasing the glycine levels in the body.
- Girls who are always grumpy because of the cramps should surely start consuming this tea.
Keeps the heart healthy
- As mentioned earlier, this tea has anti-inflammatory properties and has rich antioxidants for maintaining the health of Heart.
- It is one of the best beverages which can be helpful for the healthy functioning of Heart.
- To be saved from Heart attacks and coronary artery diseases, chamomile tea contains flavonoids which reduce the risk of them.
Chamomile tea improves sleep quality
- Those who are suffering from insomnia or have sleeping problems should note that this tea contains an antioxidant called apigenin that binds to specific receptors in the brain that enhances sleepiness.
- According to a study, people drinking chamomile tea had a better sleep than those were not consuming the same.
- Also, it was observed that those people had fewer symptoms of depression which might be a cause of lack of sleep.
- So, people having trouble falling into a deep slumber should start drinking the tea before bed.
It improves digestion
- This tea is found to be useful for improving the digestion as it reduces some of the gastrointestinal conditions.
- The chamomile extract is also helpful to fight diarrhea indicating its anti-inflammatory properties
- It has already been discussed that drinking this tea is relaxing for the stomach and even consumption of the same can help to treat nausea and gas and several other digestive ailments.
- Another study found that chamomile prevents stomach ulcers as it inhibits the growth of bacteria that helps in ulcer development and reduces acidity in the stomach.
Good for blood sugar control
- The health of the Pancreas is needed to be maintained as it produces insulin for removing sugar from the blood.
- When the sugar level rises the anti-inflammatory properties of Chamomile tea helps to control cell damage in the pancreas.
- It also helps to prevent blood sugar spikes after eating.
- If the tea is consumed along with the food, then it is much more useful to promote blood sugar control.
It treats cold
- Along with other benefits, Chamomile tea is also beneficial for fighting the cold.
- Even some inhaling of the steam from it would ease the nasal congestion or a sore throat.
- This hot cup of tea can easily say goodbye to a runny nose and works like magic.
- So, those who are suffering from the cold should surely try this once, to see how useful it is.
Chamomile tea boosts immunity
- Those who frequently suffer colds, cough and fever should definitely add this tea to their daily diet.
- To strengthen the immune system, it has antibacterial properties which keep the functioning of the immune system intact boosts it.
- These antibacterial properties not only fight cold and relaxes a sore throat but also reduces the chances of fever which might occur due to the cold.
- Having a cold? Try a hot cup of Chamomile tea. Would help!
Helps to fight Cancer
- According to some research, it is said that this tea is also instrumental in fighting the risks of a dangerous disease, i.e. Cancer.
- People who drink Chamomile tea regularly are at lesser risk of developing Cancer.
- This tea contains anti-cancer compounds of flavonoids such as aping, which are extremely effective in their work.
- Consuming the tea regularly can also help to shrink cancerous tumours which might become an issue in the future.
- Maybe it is hard to believe that such a small beverage can do any good against such a monstrous disease, but at least it’s worth a try.
It treats anxiety
- Chamomile tea has soothing effects which calm the body down if it is getting anxious.
- In ancient times also, it was believed that the tea has calming effects and therefore it was used to help in treating anxiety problems of people.
- It soothes the frazzled nerves and therefore reduces any anxiety taking place in the system.
- Therefore, it is suggested to consume the tea regularly to see drastic changes in the people having anxiety problems.
Good for the skin too!
- Even though it is not an internal health benefit, but it covers the outer needed to be healthy skin.
- When not consumed in a liquid form, this tea can also be applied to the skin via cosmetic products.
- Whether it is through cream, moisturizer, soaps, or any other form, it does improves the skin.
- It is beneficial in reducing skin inflammation so that the skin stays healthy.
- It has antioxidants which effectively boosts the health of the skin.
- This tea also lightens the complexion and provides a bright glow to the skin.
- It works as a natural bleach for the skin.
Even though Chamomile tea is beneficial for everyone, but some people might have allergies through it.
- People who are allergic to the plants of daisy family are not advised to intake this tea, as some reports have been taken into notice about the Chamomile allergies.
- It is still not established that this tea is healthy and safe to consume by the pregnant women, children people with any severe disease.
- The cosmetic products containing Chamomile can be irritating to the eye if any direct contact is made with them, might cause conjunctivitis.
Although there are certain people who should not consume Chamomile, for most of the people around the globe it is safe to drink.
It is healthy and has some powerful antioxidants which provide a variety of health benefits along with the fact that it is widely preferred as a caffeine-free alternative of black and green tea and its sweet taste.
All in all, it’s a good deal indeed!